FAQs Canada


Do I need a study permit to study in Canada?
Most students need a study permit to study in Canada, but there are some exceptions.

How do I find out about schools, colleges, universities or other educational institutions in Canada?
Canada offers a wide range of opportunities for foreign students.

How do I apply to study in Canada?
You must have a letter of acceptance from a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada before you can apply for a study permit. In most cases, you must apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. You can apply at the Canadian visa office responsible for your country.

When should I apply for my study permit?
You should apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance from the educational institution. The time needed to process an application to study in Canada may be different at various visa offices.

How do I apply for a temporary resident visa?
If you need a temporary resident visa in addition to your study permit, you do not need to submit a separate application or pay an additional fee when you apply for your study permit at a visa office.

What is a temporary resident visa?
A temporary resident visa is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office. It is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident. Depending on your citizenship, you may need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada.

How do I pay the fee for a study permit?
You must pay a processing fee with your application. The fee will not be refunded, even if your application is refused. Check the website of the visa office where you submit your application to find out how you can pay the fee. In most countries, you can pay in the local currency.

What are the visa application requirements?
The documents required for visa application are given below:
• Completed Student Application form.
• Completed Supplementary Questionnaire for students and postdoctoral researchers.
• Official letter of acceptance from Canadian university, college or Technical Institute.
• Certificate of Acceptance from the province of Quebec (Only if you plan to study in province of Quebec)
• TOEFL/IELTS scores if applicable
• Passport, valid for at least one year from the planned date of entry to Canada, plus valid passports of any accompanying dependents.
• Bank Draft for the applicable visa processing fees

How do I get a copy of a lost study permit?
If you lose any immigration document issued by the Government of Canada, you can get it replaced. You must complete an application and pay a fee. Contact the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre.

How do I renew my study permit while I am in Canada?
If you want to renew your study permit, you must apply before the permit expires. If your study permit has expired, you must leave Canada. In some cases, you may be able to apply for restoration of status. However, you are not allowed to study until your status has been restored.

Am I allowed to return home for a visit or travel outside Canada during my studies?
If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have a valid passport or travel documents and a valid study permit if you are returning to study in Canada, A valid temporary resident visa if you are a citizen of a designated country for which Canada requires a visa. If you are a citizen of a designated country and you travel to a country other than the United States, Greenland or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, you will need a multiple-entry visa to re-enter Canada.

If your temporary resident visa has expired or if your visa was only valid for a single entry, you must re-apply for a temporary resident visa at a Canadian visa office outside Canada before you can re-enter Canada.

Do I need to fill out one form for my entire family if we are travelling together?
No. Each individual applicant must complete and sign the appropriate form for the purpose of their trip to Canada, including any other supplementary forms as required. For example, you may require a visitor, student permit or work permit application form. Each applicant aged 18 and over must also complete the Family Information (IMM 5645) form. You can submit all family member application forms in the same envelope with one payment receipt for the total amount of all your applications.

I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?
If you are changing schools and/or your program of study but remain at the same level (e.g., secondary level), you do not need to modify your study permit. However, if you are moving from primary to secondary school, or to post-secondary studies, or from post-secondary studies to secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Bergville, Alberta.

Do my children need to complete the new application form?
If your child is aged 18 and over, they must complete and sign their own application forms as well as any other required forms.
Parents or guardians can assist children in filling out their forms. Parents or guardians must sign the forms on behalf of any children under the age of 18.



Enquire Now

Name * :
Email * :
Contact No.* :
City * :
Country *:
Level *:
Subject of Interest *:
Intake *:
Query* :

* Required Fields